I've gotten kinda behind on my daily efforts! I apologize. Just in: OUR AIR CONDITIONING IS BROKEN. Ugh. So it's 94 degrees in my room as opposed to 93. Not really, but it's pretty toasty.
So Mama came to visit this weekend. We had such a good time... hangin out and acting up. I've eaten entirely too much, but it was a celebratory kind of weekend (except for the tragedy that was the football game that took place on Saturday). I have an interview for a possible internship Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. (pray hard!) Me and Cat-dawg (the mom, not the roommate) went on an emergency shopping run this afternoon and found a few things... hope they are government job appropriate...
So the title of this blog alludes to something that interests/bothers me. I happen to be quite the fan of the word "lover." But see? Just then, you cringed a little thinking I mean in a sureptitious romantic rendezvous kind of way. Um, no. If a person encourages you, you call them an encouragER. If someone comforts you, you call them a comfortER (not to be confused with what you snuggle under during the winter.) So why is it that we can't call a person who loves... a lover... without people thinking they are running some sort of underground business or are having an extra-marrital affair? That bothers me because I think the large amount of love that I possess for many, many things would entitle me to be a lovER. But no, that's doesn't present the appropriate connotation of a pretty basic word. Hmm. So that's the random fun fact of the day.
I need to go read, but on a closing thought, I leave you with something I love very much. Have a great night.
have a pleasant evening, lovERS,
-c


1 comment:
And what a good time we had. I'm still tired from all that walking and staying up late. Wish I was still there. I'm sure we'd find another good place to overeat. And what a beautiful dog in the picture...Bud-dawg. Love you tons.
Post a Comment