Thursday, September 11, 2008

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

That's what the car in front of me had for a sticker on the back windshield. Naturally it made me smile, despite me indeed having on underwear. I guess that's the point?

Today was a day that makes me sad and proud all at the same time. A yearly reminder, that we the Americans are not infalliable and should never presume to be. I try to pray for the outcome of the election this fall and all the political implications that will ensue. I don't know what's right or what should or should not happen, but thankfully I place my hopes in a higher power than my limited, earthly knowledge.

I have a biopsych test in less than 12 hours. I think I'm okay prepared... so I'm gonna go over my notes soon. I studied with a friend tonight, which I think helped us both to feel better. Rumor is that gas prices are gonna spike in 40+ minutes due to the hurrican affecting Texas and their oil refineries. Truth or no? I reckon we'll find out shortly.

I need to shower. I need to pack. I'm blowing this popsicle stand tomorrow morning to return to home sweet home. A friend who is very dear to my heart [;)] is getting married this weekend. I've known this sweet girl for about 10 or 11 years now. When did we get old enough to get married? Craziness. I'm so looking forward to it. I love weddings. I love the stress; I love the hustle and bustle (no pun intended); and more than anything, I love the romance. I think that's why I always cry at weddings. They hit me right in the soft spot.

Speaking of, I look forward to the day I meet you. Whoever you are. In my mind, I have this mind-blowing depiction of who I'd like you to be... are you anything like that? Probably better... if God's put this much thought and planning into this whole thing- good grief. I have high expectations, but they're attainable. I just want someone to love me... with the kind of love that I feel like I'm good at giving others. I don't think that's too far fetched.

Anywho. This is just becoming yet another tool for procrastination. Figures. Oh well. I've taken on this new outlook to stop sweating the small stuff. If I really believe that everything happens for a reason, why do I even bother with worry or doubt? I'd like to be in bed now, but honestly I'm enjoying this vent to cyberspace. So let that be that. I've had a terrific week. The countdown to see Jason Mraz is now into 70+ days. Oh sweet victory, I can't wait.

So before I get on that tangent, I'm off. Have a great night, y'all.

live it up,
cmm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed very much. You're a prize. I hope you're test goes really well. You know I'm praying. Be careful coming home. I'm looking forward to this weekend. I love you!