Good afternoon.
We sang a terrific song this morning in church. It's called "Lift High," and I love it's message. One very common misconception that people have about joining a church or being a Christian, is that you have to be perfect before you can start. That couldn't be further from the truth. No one is perfect, and in fact, you'll never be. If your waiting to start something new because "you're not good enough," I can assure you that you'll be waiting a lonnng time before you're ready. So jump on it... do whatever it is you've been holding back from. Or at least find a better excuse!
"Broken people call His name
Helpless children praise the King
Nothing brings Him greater fame
When broken people call His name
Lift high, your chains undone
All rise, exalt the Son
Jesus Christ, the Holy One
We lift our eyes to You"
-Lift High
Last night, I got some really good news concerning my internship. Pray everything works out! Well everything will work out either way, so more than anything I want God's will to be done.
Saturday, I bummed around all day. That night, I grandma'ed the evening plans and did homework. Rather lame, but I got some good work done! Read some guitar lessons. I want to actually know what I'm doing other than making pretty sounds. I learned a lot too, which is good.
Friday night, I went over to Kimberly's and we watched "Failure to Launch," which is such a cute movie. Meghan came over and joined us for the cinematic adventure. After that I picked up Dee & Cat, and we went to the bowling alley. As it so happened, we picked an excellent time to go because at about 11 or so, they turned off the lights and it was time for glow in the dark bowling! We had a really good time despite getting possibly the lowest bowling scores in the history of the sport.
That's all I can think of for now. I'll try and post some pictures from our escapades, including an especially funny video of mine and Catherine's Wii golfing dance. Gotta do some laundry!
have a lovely afternoon,
cmm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I missed you this weekend. We had great singing as well this morning. You would have loved it. You know I'm praying about the internship. Call me as soon as you talk to him tomorrow morning. Long time! I love you.
Post a Comment