As a big TV buff, I'm thoroughly excited about all the series premieres happening this week. The past two nights I've been watching Dancing with the Stars. I've been tv'ing and doing homework so it's just me in my room, but I catch myself laughing out loud at this show. There is nothing I love more than watching someone discover what it feels like to dance. It doesn't matter if you are any good or not. It's possible to reach that point where it just feels good! Who cares what you look like? I think it's great that people are willing to take a chance and try something new. Especially when they are "old" or "a man's man"... whatever those two things supposedly mean. Forget the stereotypes and forget what other's think.
A BEGINNER'S MIND IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO COME FROM!
A really enjoy watching Warren, the big teddy bear football player... and a mountain of a man. He's rather light on his feet considering, and he gets out there and has a blast. Good for him!
Whoa... I just saw Dubose Porter on Atlanta news. They are talking about the current gas shortage crisis. I'm feeling it too. I'm going on a hunt tomorrow to find a gas station because I'm dangerously near empty. I just learned that Georgia is one of only 6 states who have an unleaded average of over $4. Ridiculous. Gas has more than doubled just since I began driving, which doesn't seem like that long ago.
In other breaking news, the Supreme Court has granted a stay of execution to a man accused and originally convicted of killing an off-duty police officer in 1989. P.S. Reverend Al Sharpton has a terrible hair do(n't). But I digress. This is a big deal. The Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS for you Criminal Justice majors), hears a minor fraction of the cases appealed in the US. To overturn a death penalty case is a big stinkin' deal. It doesn't help that there are racial disparities in the case, with the victim being Caucasian and the accused being African-American. That increases court room tension. I believe the victim's family and loved ones are going to appeal once more for "justice" as they called it (quotations because I'm not taking a side on a case I know little about.) Also please notice when this whole thing began... 1989. The end of an era no doubt, but that's just one example of how getting involved with the legal system is one lengthy process. Especially when you have multiple appeals. I think people take it for granted. I get kinda irritable when I hear people say "ugh X situation makes me so mad, I'm gonna sue her". Okay. a)usually the ordeals I hear in everyday conversation do not warrant any legal ramifications. b)IT TAKES MONEY TO SUE PEOPLE. People assume that they get a bunch of money when they sue, but it takes sometimes a moderate investment to get any real returns.
How the heck did I get on this topic??
Speaking of court, I plan on heading back downtown to the Superior Court to yet again sit in on a criminal trial. After this, I give up. I've already gone once to no avail, and yesterday I called the Judge's secretary who was NO help at all... not to mention rather unpolite. How unfortunate. Why waste the time being a negative nancy!
love from positive polly,
cameron
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry I checked out before Dancing was over last night. And you best hurry and find that gas. Especially by next Friday you best have enough to head that Bird down 441 South to Dublin. It's been toooo long already. I love you and miss you. Maybe you'll get some court action today.
Post a Comment