good evening lovers. Man it's been a busy weekend up here. I really think I'm about to go to bed. I had a late night Friday. After a concert downtown, we went out for a little bit. Finally around 2 a.m. I decided I was hungry, so while I was DD driving the BMW, I took a swing by McDonald's. Gracious. So healthy! It was so stinkin good. I finally went to bed a little before 4 a.m. When you're a grandma like me, that's a pretty wild night. So needless to say, I'm rather exhausted at this point. And there was certainly no sleeping in on Saturday... not in college town with a football problem!
Game days always consist of a lot of walking and a whole lotta standing. Denise and I picked up a friend and went to another friend's apartment to park there and walk to the game. So we only had to walk 7 miles to the stadium instead of the usual 12. Kidding... but that's what it always feels like. We won, which is always the preferred alternative to anything in the world of sport... so go dawgs... sic' em. After the game, me, D, and Meaghan went to Chili's to dinner. I was beyond ravenous. We all good some good food and a drink. Mine, of course, managed to be twice as expensive as everyone else's. I thought of suing the Chili's company for false advertising, because in the little drink section it showed a picture of my drink, which I thought to be roughly the size of a margarita glass. But oh hark, when it came, it looked like a small tub to the tune of $7.49. My original thinking (and before I knew the price) was "hey. I rarely drink, I'm with good folks... let's do this." I'm glad I have that mentality because I couldn't afford to drink much if last night was a demonstration of my expensive tastes. It tasted pretty good... not sure it was worth $8, but it was pretty so whatever.
Today I churched it up... and upon returning to the homestead, just kinda hung around. I've been fighting a nap pretty much all day, hence my wanting to go to bed asap. I played a little guitar today, which I haven't had much time for lately... and I could tell. Nothin' sounded good. Gotta get back on it! It's almost ukulele season. I got the treat of having my mother and a friend of hers for dinner. Sweet thing took me out to eat, and it was muy delicioso.
Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be headed for SoCar this weekend to see my sister from anotha motha. Doesn't really work without "brotha," but she isn't one so just go with it. I'm sure we'll find some mischief and have fun... we always seem to. The countdown to Mrazzdom continues, and I can hardly contain myself. But before I get on that tangent, I'm about to get ready for bed. Have a lovely night and not so manic Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment