Monday, November 3, 2008

seize the diem

Has it really been a week since I last checked in? It is official: I am exhausted. I, like many of the Bulldog Nation, was a part of the mass exodus from here to Jacksonville this weekend. 6 1/2 hours one way, and we had a great time. Except for the whole losing-to-an-obnoxious-team thing. I have never encountered such rudeness in my life. And you know how I feel about negativity. However, there were some pretty "friendly" Georgia fans in front of me... all moderately inebriated, who enjoyed turning around to give me enthusiastic high fives. One of these fellas also informed me that we were getting on tv. He then preceded to pull out a C3PO mask. We never got on tv, and later during the upsetting game he smashed it to pieces in a drunken tantrum. Nonetheless, win or lose, I love my dawgs.

And I loved sleeping in my own bed last night. I always struggle with sleeping a) in a new place and b) with someone else in the bed with me. I like the freedom to roll and stretch as I please. So Mr. Husband, one day we will have to work on this. Perhaps my favorite moment of the trip was on the drive back north when a lovely gentleman tried handing a roll of paper towels to us through an open car window... while riding down I-95. When we denied this exchange, he found a paper plate and wrote "Hi... Interested?" This, naturally, resulted in a car full of laughter, and as if he had planned on that, flipped the plate over to reveal, "Why not?" Gotta love the kid.
Also new in my world: I've developed quite the affection for hot tea. Specifically vanilla tea. Which I have not found at Starbucks on two different occasions. The first instance I tried something, and it was nasty. The second time, it was way too strong. So today I went to the organic grocery store and bought two different kinds, so we'll see how that fares.
Before the busy weekend, I bought new guitar strings and successfully changed mine out. It wasn't until later that I discovered I made an error or two, and while trying to fix my mistakes Miss E string decided to snap. Perfect. So now I need a new one...
Alright, homework time. Maybe I'll be more faithful to my daily efforts this week. Wednesday I go to get fingerprinting... I'll let you know how that goes!
Let's get it while we got it AMEN.

No comments: