Tuesday, November 11, 2008

una buena dia

HOORAY! All my favorites are safe and headed for the semi-finals on DWTS! Lacey and Benji danced tonight... and I clapped audibly afterwords. They're my favorites.
And I must breathe a sigh of relief tonight as well. Although my sigh of relief escapes my chest cavity rather raggedly and is followed by a coughing fit. Nonetheless, I am beyond relieved to have found my iPod in my car today. I couldn't find it in my room anywhere and tried to convince myself it was hiding out in my car. Thank the Lord it was... still attached to the converter!
God winked at me today in the form of a vending machine. I was trying to buy some vitamin C gummies (I know... how old am I?), and after I entered in my selection, the wire thing spiraled around and STOPPED, holding my precious snack captive. I told myself mentally that I was not above getting on the floor to reach my arm up into that thing. I gave the window a light tap, and it released my purchase... and another one! I was grateful and excited. It doesn't take much to really make my day.
Also making my day: I had a run-in with my gay husband. He doesn't know I call him that. Our "bromance" budded this summer when we had a class together: Human Sexuality. Cruel slap of irony, anyone? At any rate, this afternoon we got to discussing politics and the economy... etc. The normal conversations that straight wife-gay husband couples have. And while talking about health care and insurance, he made a quote that I think is rather stellar...
"Um... yeah. I don't pay them loads of money every month while I'm healthy so they can rob me when I'm sick."
Word.
Oh man. My badminton partner and I (affectionately named "Team Leggings") got STOMPED today. We were in the 2nd round of our doubles tournament and had to play the best two GUYS. We knew it would be ugly... we just hoped to keep the hideosity down to a minimum. Thankfully it was relatively quick, and we continue on to play two girls next time.
18 days till I see my main squeeze. He doesn't know he's my main squeeze. Hmm... maybe I have trouble communicating these things with the men in my life? Well I don't really know Jason so that's okay. I can't wait. I'm going to go ahead and preface the evening as the musical nirvana of my lifetime. Outside of the angelic hosts and their other-worldly harmonies that I will one day hear, Lord willing. But that's after this lifetime here on Earth!
Speaking of God's handiwork, the moon is lovely tonight. Ay bella luna!


bon soir.

No comments: