Saturday, October 18, 2008

oh, napoleon.

good evening.
I'm at the House o' Hensley this weekend... visiting the ol' married couple. Last night we hung out and watched movies. Then I slept in the most comfortable bed known to man. Today we got up and drove to Greenville where we saw this bridge that is beyond architecturally impressive. It's only supported by beams on one side of the bridge. It's beautiful down there. It has a small waterfall and lots of huge rocks. Gorgeous, much?
Liberty Bridge at Falls Park



Tonight we were very festive and went to a corn maize. It was fun. They also had this big hay jump, which unfortunately closed at 7... much to Molly's dismay. We watched the newest Indiana Jones movie last night, so naturally, we were ready for some rope swinging action. And the cutest? They had this pen of farm animals... my favorite, obviously. There was a mama pig who had several babies in the pen with her. She was rooting around underneath some hay so you could only see her bottom half. All the little piglets were laying together and could not have been cuter and more pink. Their little eyes looked sleepy. They had cute little pink snouts, but sadly, because of the hay, I couldn't see their little ringlety tails. There were sweet little goats mulling around. The corn maize folks had rigged this system where you could put a small bucket of food up on this platform and supposedly the goats would walk up this ramp to get to the platform. I never saw it happen, but I wouldn't put it past them. There were two very plump sheep who seemed very sleepy. They were so sweet.
This was the pattern of the corn maize that we went through.

PS. Where did the "cold" weather come from? The news just said it could be 32 degrees when we wake up in the morning. um... whoa?

Oh yeah. A possible internship site called me on Thursday! I'm set up for the next step in the interview process... so I'll be driving towards the A for an appointment at 2:00. Praise the Lord.

Lord willing, I'm planning on going home this weekend, and I'm so excited. I can't wait to see the family... and especially the four-legged, furry members. Hopefully, Mama and I will do our typical Football Friday Night routine of Mexican food and a football game. I love high school football!
Alrighty... y'all have a good one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! I did not expect a corn maze. How fun. I've never done that. I know the animals were the best part. Sounds like a fun weekend. Give my love to the H's. Can't until next weekend. My offer still stands for Monday...hee hee. Love you...long time.