Monday, November 10, 2008

in the news

happy monday friends.
Hopefully it was a not-so-manic Monday for you all. In my lit class, we convened outside today. Partially because it was a pretty day, but mainly because they were doing construction, and it smelled gross inside. I spent my afternoon at this new coffeeshop that opened up nearby. It's too cute inside. It's a two story older home that's been renovated to be a coffeeshop... all modern and earthy. A great place. Recently it's been featured in the school newspaper so I suppose that explains the large crowd that gathered there today. Naturally, I tried the hot tea, added in a little raw molasses-turned-sugar and agave nectar and I was ready to go. Muy delicioso!

The weekend was good. I'm fighting some chest/throat cold wannabe thing. I don't feel too terrible, but I feel like death warmed over in the morning. Ma & I went to see Madagascar 2 over the weekend. HI-LAR-IOUS. I highly recommend people of all ages to check it out. Also in the news of technologically savvy mothers, I assisted mine in getting Facebook this weekend. Which is great because now stalking can be a family affair.

My favorite quote of the weekend:
"Daddy, thanks for the money."
"You're welcome... just don't buy any more ink with it."

Everything appears to be going well in the prospective internship deal. Still don't have an official "you have the job" confirmation, but things appear to be going the right way.

I'm pumped for DWTS tonight. In other entertainment news, I've gotten into poetry and song writing lately... and last night I actually began putting chords to words, which I'm really excited about.

Since last time, we have a new president-elect. Congrats to the Obamas/Bidens... you both are now officially entrusted with an unbelievably precious burden of caring for our country and for leading it in the right direction. Let's pray for our elected leaders. That God will use them to re-unite this split country of ours and lead it to a better place. Regardless of who you voted for last week, it's now our duty to put less emphasis on party-membership and put more emphasis on being a patriotic American.


campaigning for peace & love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw man, I forgot about DWTS. Just when I thought I'd get the bathrooms cleaned. Hope you feel better Bear.