Sunday, November 16, 2008

the end of an era

I'm currently watchig Total Finale Live... the final episode of TRL. This show has been on for ten years. One of the VJs summed it up when they said, "Some of our fans now aren't even old enough to remember when we started this thing." 10 years ago, I was one of THOSE girls. I voted for the BSB and watched intently as they usually topped the countdown. As an 11-year-old, I wasn't supposed to watch MTV. So when I could get away from parental supervision, I definitely watched it. Sorry Mom... that's what's wrong with me today. I watched MTV. So it's kinda sad to see this end. I haven't watched it in a really long time. It really wasn't the same after Carson left.

On another note: Murphy's Law and how it applies to the majority of my life.
Murphy's Law: If it can happen... it probably will. It's the same adage the applies to the philosophy of buttered toast. If you drop a piece of buttered toast, which side do you think will hit the floor? The buttered side, of course.
So Friday, I faced a comparative lit essay. The teacher posed 4 possible topics, and on the day of the essay, he randomly draws a number and throws out that prompt. So logically, you should prepare two topics in case one of yours gets thrown out. So I really prepared one question... I mean I felt pretty prepared for that thing. I didn't want to prepare anything else, but I was like you know what, I probably should. Come class the next morning, which question do you think was drawn? My super-prepared question. Go figure. I beat 1 out of 4 odds. A 75% chance that I'd be fine. Just goes to show ya!
Speaking of lit, I need to read tomorrow because if I don't, the same odds predict there will be a quiz tomorrow.
GOODNIGHT.

No comments: