Just a little check-in to let everyone know that I, in fact, am NOT incarcerated for doing something to or near Jason Mraz. The concert was un-stinkin-real. I'll have to do another blog about that though because it certainly deserves to be the only subject. Plus I left my camera cord at home, otherwise, pictures would be up days ago! I always am prone to blog more when under stress and looking for an outlet for procrastination so I'll probably be checking in more frequently. Next week is finals time, and miraculously, it looks like I won't have any finals to take during the actual week designated for such beastly acts of torture. Either I've exempted the final, it's optional, or something has been scheduled during the week before (this week). So it's pretty rockin because I've never managed to get out of finals week unscathed. And I do mean literally. I don't get stressed out that often, but when I do, it's serious and likes to manifest itself in making my face and neck itch (weird, I know). At any rate, I have an Addiction test tomorrow and a Neuro test on Friday. I'm not particularly worried about the test on Friday; in fact we developed a study guide today IN CLASS. However, tomorrow I'm a little afraid of. That class has been rather hard for it only to be an elective... AND you don't even have to be a psych major to take it.
In other saddening news, my dear baby kitty Willie, who is at the ripe old age of 17, isn't doing well. He's been hard of hearing for a while, and Mama seems to think that he has little, if any, eyesight. He struggles to walk. He's literally like a little old man.Here he is with his Easter hat on a couple of years ago.
He has something funky going on with his hair too. During the summer shedding season, his fur just kinda built up around him, and we had to pull it out for him. Now it's trying to grow back in for his thicker winter coat, and he looks lumpy. Poor baby. Anytime Mama mentions something new, I almost cry. I don't want the poor thing to be in pain or scared because he can't see. It's been almost a year since we had to put Buzz down because of cancer. I'm not sure that the animal clinic is ready yet for another Moore family emotional breakdown over a fur baby. This one will be bad too... he's like the 3rd child! He's not but 2 years younger than my sister! If he was a human, he'd be a senior in high school. Well I guess when you translate the kitty to human years, he's probably closer to in his 70s haha. My gracious I love him. Here is his "Thompson Potter"/ kitty wizard halloween costume. The hat didn't stay on very long though.
When I was little, you know... when life was SO difficult... I would go sit on the porch swing and he would come jump up there with me and lay beside me while I talked to him about all my "problems." He is a very good listener. For those of you who don't talk to your cats, give it a try. Unlike men, they actually listen. Willie has been present for every big celebration: turning 16, all 6 proms between me and K,
graduating high school, leaving for college, helping me study for tests by sitting on top of my books. Poor thing, he loves to sit on something. If you lay a piece of paper down, he takes off for it.
He especially loved my college biology book because it was big and thick so I'm sure he felt like a king on his big throne. He likes to lick doritos. Oh what was it that I gave him over Thanksgiving... a little piece of dessert or something. He and Buddy (the dog) both enjoyed their little snack. One thing I'll never forget was the day we took Buzz to the vet for the final time, we found Buzz and Willie both in Willie's house (which they would never normally do). They were sitting upright, side by side, almost like they were talking. We all think that Willie knew what was wrong and what was gonna happen, kinda like he was saying, "it's okay Buzz." I hope we don't have to do anything to Willie, I'll miss that ole thing so much. "Brrrrrrruh!"
When I was little, you know... when life was SO difficult... I would go sit on the porch swing and he would come jump up there with me and lay beside me while I talked to him about all my "problems." He is a very good listener. For those of you who don't talk to your cats, give it a try. Unlike men, they actually listen. Willie has been present for every big celebration: turning 16, all 6 proms between me and K,
graduating high school, leaving for college, helping me study for tests by sitting on top of my books. Poor thing, he loves to sit on something. If you lay a piece of paper down, he takes off for it.
He especially loved my college biology book because it was big and thick so I'm sure he felt like a king on his big throne. He likes to lick doritos. Oh what was it that I gave him over Thanksgiving... a little piece of dessert or something. He and Buddy (the dog) both enjoyed their little snack. One thing I'll never forget was the day we took Buzz to the vet for the final time, we found Buzz and Willie both in Willie's house (which they would never normally do). They were sitting upright, side by side, almost like they were talking. We all think that Willie knew what was wrong and what was gonna happen, kinda like he was saying, "it's okay Buzz." I hope we don't have to do anything to Willie, I'll miss that ole thing so much. "Brrrrrrruh!"Now that I'm depressed, I'm going to continue to sip my vanilla tea and begin studying addiction. Yet another enlightening subject.
Random thought: If you used to be pensive, are you ex-pensive? haha.
Random thought: If you used to be pensive, are you ex-pensive? haha.

1 comment:
Oh, this tugs at my heartstrings. He is so special. He looks so good in his pictures. I'm about to go out and see him. I hate that it's dark when I get home. We'll get through this too. I love you tons. I hope you're studying is productive.
Post a Comment